WHO WE ARE
El Mundo de Niños offers a child-centered, Spanish immersion early learning experience for children aged 1 to 5 years old, coming soon to the Madison, WI area! We are open year round, offering a school year program (Late August through mid-June), following the Madison Metropolitan School District calendar; and an additional summer program which is optional. We are open Monday-Friday from 7:30am-5:30pm, with full-time and part time enrollment.
El Mundo de Niños is currently pre-enrolling children ages 1 year to 5 years old. Our center is licensed by the state of Wisconsin and participates in the YoungStar quality rating system, so you can feel at ease that your children are always learning, growing, and in excellent care.
El Mundo de Niños aims to provide an exceptional, dynamic, engaging environment for children and nurture a close community of bilingual families and educators who find connection and support for raising creative and confident bilingual children. Our center has the following goals:
- We strive to love and respect children and their innate capacities for learning, exploration and discovery in a way that honors diversity and promotes cultural awareness.
- We strive to create an environment of immersed language learning implemented by highly qualified teachers who are native and/or bilingual Spanish speakers. We aim to foster the natural development of Spanish language skills and bilingualism by creating an environment where children have intrinsic motivation for using language through communicating with teachers, friends and family.
- We strive to give children the freedom to self determine their own learning in a natural progression over time. We support this by intentionally designing an open ended, minimally structured environment, where adults step back and provide the children with ample time and space to become fully engaged in a play world that belongs to them!
- We strive to offer a healthy, safe, nurturing environment where emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development are organically developed through song, dance, stories, self determined play, and exploration.
- We strive to create a community of bilingual families who feel at home at our Center and participate in their child’s language and cultural early childhood learning experience.
El Mundo de Niños is a private, family-run early learning center in Madison, WI, lovingly developed and nurtured by Kate, Walquer, Joaquin, Natalia, and Santiago Rojas Woodford.
Our family moved to Madison, WI from Lima, Peru in 2012, with 2 small children. Since part of our extended family lives here in the US and the other part lives in Peru, we were very intentional about raising our children bilingual from birth.
We were not satisfied by the bilingual early childhood options in Madison at the time, so in 2014 we opened La Casita Azul, a licensed in-home bilingual early learning center, serving 8 children. Soon after we recognized that many more families were in our same position, trying to find quality, play based early childhood experiences and a way to support their children in their bilingual language development from birth. We put our hearts and souls into creating a safe, clean, comfortable, and engaging environment where children learn Spanish naturally, through play and everyday experiences, from native and/or bilingual teachers and peers.